Since EVERYONE loves a good brownie, this week’s feature recipe is “KATIE’S DOUBLE WUBBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES”. If you love chocolate, and a gooey, lava-cake-like brownie, you will absolutely go GA-GA over this one! And what’s great is that this is as easy a recipe as it gets. But, you must serve the brownies in small (<1″x1″) pieces, since it’s easy to “overdose” on these!!
Recipe for Katie’s Double Wubble Chocolate Brownies, from “Coffee & Dessert on The Coastside”
4oz unsweetened+4oz 60%chocolate bars
1 1/3 cup white sugar+1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 stick unsalted butter
4 whole eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/6 tsp (not 1/4 tsp) baking powder
1. Melt chocolate, butter, sugar, vanilla in one large bowl (easier in microwave); stir and cool to warm.
2. Add beaten eggs to warm mixture in #1.
3. Sift flour/salt/bp, and add into wet mixture. Blend until even.
4. Pour into buttered square pan.
5. Bake @ 350F for 30-35 minutes, checking near the end so as not to cook middle completely. Turn off oven, let sit for another 15-20 minutes, and then remove from oven and cool.
A large glass of cold milk and you will be in heaven!!