K.M.’s DECADENT JULY 4th CELEBRATION CAKE
3 cups bleached cake flour
¼ tsp salt
1 Tbsps baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 cup (16 oz or 2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 ¼ cup white sugar
3 large eggs
2/3 cup whole milk
½ cup vegetable oil (or safflower oil)
1 tablespoon vanilla
Preheat oven @ 350°F. Grease and flour two 9” round pans.
1. Cream butter with sugar for 3 minutes until smooth, creamy and fluffy.
2. Sift all dry ingredients in medium sized bowl.
3. Combine eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla in a bowl and beat until well combined (<1 minute).
4. Add #2 & 3 to creamed butter/sugar mixture, and continue to beat until smooth and creamy (another 2 minutes).
5. Scoop batter (will be thick) into pans, and bake for 30-40 minutes, until light golden, being careful not to overbake. As soon as toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the pan, cake is done.
6. Cool on rack. Turn cakes onto large plates or pans in preparation for icing the cake.
What’s cake without Icing!??
K.M.’s “BUTTERCREAM IN HEAVEN” FROSTING
2 cups (32 oz or 4 sticks) unsalted butter
8 cups powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons vanilla
8 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Cream butter with vanilla until light an fluffy (2-3 min.). Gradually add sugar, and continue to whip (another 2 min.). Add whipping cream, beat for another minute.
Putting it together:
1. Place the one cake on a plate. Spread frosting over the top evenly.
2. Place second cake on top. Frost over the top as #1.
3. Frost around the edges.
4. Slice cake in 2″ pieces and serve.
Make sure you share this with others, and keep the portions small. It may be wise to pick up exercising again the next day!
And for those who can make it out, we hope to see you soon!!
Happy 238th, America!!
PHC & Moss Beach Productions Crew