Chocolate cookie dough:
2 cups all purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa
½ tsp salt
1 ¼ cup butter
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 egg + 1 yolk
2 tbsp whole milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Vanilla cream filling:
½ cup butter
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1-1½ tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
First, make the cookie:
1. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl.
2. Whisk butter, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add in dry ingredients. Form dough into a ball, wrap with plastic and refrigerate.
Then, make the vanilla filling:
Cream butter, sugar, vanilla together until smooth. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F
- Pinch off some of the chocolate dough and roll in between your palms into 1 inch diameter balls. Make sure you form an even number of balls. Flatten each into a disk with the bottom of measuring cup until dough is 1/3 inch thick.
- Place on baking pan lined with parchment.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Remove cookies from baking pan onto a cool surface.
- When cookies have cooled, spread vanilla cream onto one cookie, then sandwich between another cookie.
- Option: Melt some chocolate chips and spread across top of cookies, decorate with sprinkles.
Oh, the choices!